BEYOND THE SHALLOWS will be a four-part anthology, curated by EIC Kanika Lawton, in celebration of National Poetry Month 2018.
Split into four interconnected themes—THE DEPTH, THE DROWNING, THE FEAR, and THE RECLAMATION—we hope BEYOND THE SHALLOWS will encourage participation in National Poetry Month and provide an additional platform for new, emerging, and established writers outside of our bi-monthly issues.
Starting April 1st, submissions will open on each Sunday and close the following Thursday. A different part of the anthology will be released on Saturday, starting with PART ONE: THE DEPTH.
Below is the schedule for BEYOND THE SHALLOWS:
PART ONE: THE DEPTH
- Submission period: Sunday, April 1st - Thursday, April 5th
- Release: Saturday, April 7th
PART TWO: THE DROWNING
- Submission period: Sunday, April 8th - Thursday, April 12th
- Release: Saturday, April 14th
PART THREE: THE FEAR
- Submission period: Sunday, April 15th - Thursday, April 19th
- Release: Saturday, April 21st
PART FOUR: THE RECLAMATION
- Submission period: Sunday, April 22nd - Thursday, April 26th
- Release: April 28th
The four themes are purposefully vague and open for interpretation; send us work that challenges what it means to fight, to bleed, to live; to exist beyond the shallows.
We want your forces of nature.
Don't leave us yearning.